Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Today is the fourth of July - oh, wait, that was yesterday. Got kinda late I guess^^

4th of July was fun. We had a bunch of people over at our house to celebrate the birth of America. It is pretty cool to see all the flags and stuff on the streets but I think I still don't fully comprehend the meaning of this day to America and its people. Simply cause I am not American !?

We ate lunch sometime after 1 p.m., I can't remember the exact time. All kinds of good food including some of our own caught fish: Northerns, Sun fish and Bass. They all taste good, but Bass is still my favorite for some reasons. I think the meat is very soft and delicate.

This morning, we picked up some balloons at a store that we went to after church. Micah had the great idea to get some water balloons as well, which we ended up using after we finished eating lunch. At the beginning it was only Micah and I and some of the little kids and we filled up a couple of balloons with water. We gave one balloon to everyone and then had a little water balloon fight. Our small game turned out to become popular very fast and soon there was more people involved. Some were cheating and used buckets filled with water and the water hoses were used pretty fast, too. But it was a lot of fun and eventually everyone got wet. Some earlier (me) and some later (Eden)...

Check out pictures on Stephs blog, I didn't take any. Obviously.

And of course we went to see the 4th of July Fireworks. It was pretty awesome. We got there early so we had plenty of time to play around, juggling, cards, football and more...




Eden is getting pretty good with the Diabolos. Here we are tossing a Diabolo between each other.



Next is Mitch and I juggling balls. He's pro at that but I am going to need much more practice to get it going smoothly.


Here are some pictures of the Fireworks, too.






I took this one with my camera, all the pictures above are Stephs tough.



I took also took some videos that I will upload later today.

EDIT: Mitch and I are in the Newspaper. Click here.

1 comment: