Thursday, April 8, 2010

Only 113 days left :(

It's so sad, but it's true.

My time at the Theis's house is already half way over. To be more precised, I have 113 days left until I have to go back to Germany. My two sisters, Sabrina (19) and Laura (13), are already counting down the remaining days. Seems like they miss me :)

Time just seems to go way to fast. But I'm pretty excited since I get to stay for a month longer than it was planned (my flight home is one the 29th of July). Now, I will have much more from the summer and since I am going to have no school from the 4th of June I'll have plenty of time that I can spend with my family and friends. Staying longer is not going to help me say good bye, but I still think that was the best decision I could make.

When I first got here, I felt like I was being loved and accepted as a family member right away, it was an incredibly exciting time. As the days went by I got more and more involved into the family routine and after not too long I could say after school was done "I am going home now". Here in St. Cloud is my second home, my second family and one of my most favorite places in the world. Thank technology like Skype that we'll be able to stay in close contact once I am back in Germany.

I really want to encourage everyone of you to think about hosting an exchange student or actually be an exchange student. There are still students available without a placement for next years program. So if you have ever thought about doing an international exchange or liked the idea of it, visit the Youth For Understanding Website for more information.

1 comment:

  1. 112 days - let's make sure we get some fishing in before day 0. Looking forward to the canoe trip with you. The more I get to know you the more respect I have for you. Your a good man Patrick!

    ReplyDelete